Tip of the Week
Make your home more appealing to potential buyers
Sparkling clean windows not only accentuate your views but tell the buyer you have taken great care of your home.
Learn more about how to sell your property.
We are at your service:
Josie Ashmore Realtor
Ashmore Properties, LLC
PO Box 2103
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
Phone: 319 241.5175
Fax: 319 366.1222
Property to Sell?
Free In-Home Presentation
Request a Free Presentation On How I Will Market and Sell Your Home. Remember, All Real Estate Agents Are NOT Alike.
A "Listing Presentation" is an industry term for the formal presentation that a real estate agent makes to prospective home sellers, trying to earn their trust and business. Don't list your home without one! I would love the opportunity to make such a presentation to you.
I'll visit your Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor area home, and together we will walk through it, considering the positives and negatives (if any!). You will then see exactly how I would propose to sell your home, for as much as the market will bear, and within your time frame. I will tell you where I will advertise your home, both in print and on the web. With the dramatic growth in homebuyer usage of the web, you MUST have a real estate agent that can extensively market your home online!
And you'll find out what your Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor area home is worth, because part of my presentation will include a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) of your home. I'll compare your home to others like it in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor area that have recently sold, and also to others that are currently for sale. This is a very important way of determining the fair market value of your home.
I make free presentations and prepare CMAs for prospective home sellers every day. I know what puts a big SOLD sign in your front yard.
I'd love the chance to make a presentation for you. It is totally free and without any obligation. Contact me! Or fill out the form below
Why sellers choose Josie Ashmore
Get the Straight Facts About What Can Make or Break the Sale of Your Home.
Selling your home is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life. How much is it REALLY worth? How long will it take to sell? How do you handle buyers making undesirable offers?
As a Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor area real estate agent, it is my job to guide you through this complicated process, from beginning to end. I want you to get the maximum value for your home, within YOUR time frame. Here are just some of the things that I will do to market and sell your home:
- Buyers want to buy your home for as little as possible! Through detailed comparisons between your home and recently sold homes, and other properties currently on the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor market, together we can determine what your home is really worth in today's market. In the industry this is called a Comparative Market Analysis or CMA. I will do this for you, for free.
- Buyers have their own timelines, which might not be yours! I make sure they don't waste your time by qualifying them as to their real ability to afford your home.
- More buyers interested in your Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor home means more money in your pocket when it is sold. My extensive marketing of your home assures you of maximum value. For example, this web site will market your property all across the web. It will appear on top national sites. I can place your home on my web site within a few minutes time!
- When we begin marketing your home, I will immediately notify all the buyers that I am helping. I'll also notify all the real estate agents in this area that I work with, who quickly tell their homebuyers. It is a powerful way to jump-start the sale of your home!
- You and a member of my team or I will walk through your home together. I will advise you how to present your property to maximize its selling price. Some improvements are worth it, and some are not! Be careful.
- Contracts are complicated, and intimidating. You don't want to go to a closing with some doubts. You will have the full benefit of my Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor real estate experience and knowledge for a smooth and successful closing. I recommend that you do not sign on any dotted lines without asking me first.
- I will make sure you conform to Iowa statutory disclosure requirements. I will also inform you of any inspections that you should consider having done ahead of time to smooth the negotiating process with buyers, and to ensure a successful escrow and closing.
You pay no upfront costs for my services! So you can bet that I will work hard to get your home sold, for as much as this market will possibly bear. I will also work within your time frame and your needs. For example, sometimes it can be hard to sell and move out of your current home, and buy and move into a new home, all at the same time! I can help smooth this out.
Contact me! Ask for a free In-Home Presentation. I will come to your Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor home or office, and present you a plan that details exactly how I will market your home. There is absolutely no obligation so don't let this opportunity pass. It is part of my job as a real estate agent to offer you this service.
Improve the "Curb Appeal" of Your Home?
Aroma plays a subtle but important role in a buyer's decision. Try baking a quick batch of cookies prior to a showing. Your home will smell sweet and be more enticing to buyers.
Trimming hedges and trees and cleaning the windows also helps. If your home looks unkempt from the outside, buyers will be more critical about details on the inside.
Call me at 319 241.5175 or contact me online to find out more about tips and tricks on improving your "curb appeal."
Thinking About Selling Your Home Yourself?
There's More to Selling Your Home Than a "For Sale" Sign In Your Front Yard: Beware.
Even if a simple sign in your yard did produce a buyer knocking on your door, how will you handle the following questions:
"How does your home compare to others like it in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor area?"
"How did you determine the fair market value of this property?"
"What about financing? Can you help?"
"If I make an offer, who will draw up the paperwork?"
"Why aren't you using a real estate agent? Is there something wrong with the property?"
"Since you aren't using a real estate agent, we can take their fee right off the top, right?"
Selling your home is one of the most important financial transactions you will make in your life. Don't take risks. Selling your home is nothing like selling a car. Every home is different, and every homebuyer wants to offer you as little as possible. How do you determine the real market value?
Almost all homes are sold using a real estate agent. As a real estate professional, it is my job to help you negotiate with all those buyers who want something for nothing. Not to mention preparing your home for sale, marketing it locally in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor area and even nationally, and guiding you through the complex paperwork and pitfalls of escrow and closing. Make sure you are really ready to handle all of that before pounding that sign into your front yard. Errors can be extremely costly.
Remember: Buyers want to offer you as close to nothing as possible! While that "For Sale By Owner" sign might sound like a good idea, it usually means a different thing to buyers: "Try to steal this one."
If you must sell your own home, at least let me give you a sense of its true market value. Tell me a bit about your home, and I'll do a Comparative Market Analysis and let you know what I feel it is worth. I'll also describe, as an experienced, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor area real estate agent, how I would market your property. This is free, with no strings attached.
What did that house sell for?
Find Out What that Home Down the Street Sold For, By Email, for Free.
If you are considering selling your Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor, Iowa area home, you are probably wondering what other homes in the area are selling for.
There might be one home in particular that you'd like to know the sale price on, or you might be interested in all the homes that have sold recently in your Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor area neighborhood. I can help!
I can tell you exactly what any home sold for in your area. I will furnish you with a list of homes that have recently sold on your street or in your neighborhood. I can also tell you about homes similar to yours that are currently for sale.
This service is entirely free, without obligation. As a Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Corridor area real estate agent, this is part of the service that I provide to home sellers on a daily basis.